"I want to be a leader in creating a place where each of you becomes more keenly aware of the possililities in yourself, the people around you, and the power of knowledge. In this place, I want us to find together a good way to live."
-Fulfilling the Promise, page 26

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Fulfilling the Promise, Toolbox

The back of our book is full of wonderful resources for us to use in our classroom. The reason I say they are wonderful is because each one is made for differentiating, but can be used for any subject. I love this, because while differentiating in our classrooms is obviously ideal, it seems very daunting. But this is an awesome resource for making differentiating a little simpler, and thus something that seems more realistic. I love that several of the options left it up to the student what they wanted to choose. And I believe that for the most part children will pick the option that suits them best. They likely aren't going to pick something that is too hard for them, because the task will seem too huge, but they also won't pick something too easy, because it may seem less interesting than another option on their level. I love that every option is just as good, and just as appealing. And that suits every learning style.

1 comment:

  1. Good! I hope you really ARE able to use them. You're right... they make differentiation possible and do-able! 4 points

    ReplyDelete